Friday, December 1, 2017

The Yellow Pages and local kiln companies

  Good morning, today I added a page for locating books, magazines, and miniature doll patterns. I will add to it as time permits. I also updated the wigging tutorial page with info on wigging tiny dolls
as well as updating sources for porcelain blank and painted kits. My aim is to add or update resources at the tune of three a day. Please realize I am a hunt and peck typist and if you send me a link it may take a few days before I can get it up and running.
   I was thinking back when I just got started in dolls I remembered how nice it was that the Blue Diamond Kiln company was literally right down the street from me! Whenever I had an issue or needed to have the kiln elements replaced, help was literally in walking distance. There are a lot of small regional kiln companies spread out all over the USA. It never hurts to check your local Yellow Pages and see if you have one within your vicinity. As an added bonus a local company may very well have scratched or dented merchandise marked down to a very reasonable price! Even if you do not have a local manufacturer, you might find a distributor for one of the larger companies that also does repair work. If you know you're not going to feel comfortable repairing your own kilns (you will at least have to replace elements), it would be a smart choice to buy a kiln that you can have worked on locally. Remember not all of the smaller kiln companies will actually have a website. If you cannot research a kiln company on the Internet just give them a call. Specify that you are looking for a small kiln that can go to cone six and run on regular household current. If you find or know of a smaller regional company that you'd like to add to this list just drop me a line!

Blue Diamond Kilns Metairie, LA  1-800-USA-KILN

Vulcan Kilns, LLC Centerville, Ohio 1-937-433-1833

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello your post will be read before being posted in an effort to limit spam and create a family friendly blog.